10 Reasons Why Should Go Green
There are numerous reasons to go green for the environment, but did you know there are also reasons to go green that affect your pocket? Here are 10 reasons to go green that may help you to make the transition as a happier person.
Top Reasons to Go Green
• Home value: Your home’s value will increase when eco-friendly items are installed and used such as sustainable materials. Solar panels and water saving showers and toilets can also save money on utility bills.
• Energy Bills: The Department of Energy thinks the US would use less energy annually if more buildings were updated with greener energy saving units for electricity and water. Refunds and deductions on your taxes can be found for making these upgrades.
• Water Bills: Reasons to go green include using energy star appliances for water saving plumbing units. Newer high efficiency toilets use less than 2 gallons of water per flush and can save hundreds of dollars per year.
• Durability: Green homes or those that use recycled content can last up to five times longer than traditional materials and does not need treating or painting for outdoor projects like decks.
• Less Toxicity: Toxic materials are known to seep out of paints and cleaners that have VOC. Green homes do not use these and therefore have a better air quality.
• Productivity: It is proven by the Department of Energy that clean air quality causes higher productivity levels.
• Less Waste: There is less waste created when renovating or updating your home with green products, as these are recyclable.
• Preserve Your Surroundings: Green buildings and homes work with the land around them instead of against them. These homes and buildings have the smallest footprint on their surroundings.
• Adaptability: Green buildings and houses are built to last for years. Many green homes incorporate large open areas that are easy to remodel and rearrange.
• Conserve Natural Resources: Green buildings use recycled materials, instead of new trees and natural resources being cut down to be used.
Reasons to go green are numerous, and can save the environment and your money in the long run.