A Quick 3 Day Fast
Are 3 day fast diets healthy? This is a debate that is ongoing, and many are convinced that it works with wonderful results. There are methods for a 3 day fast to work and to still be healthy while completing your fast. Here are a few tips on a 3 day fast and staying healthy while losing weight.
3 Day Fast Tips
• Before starting any new program if you are on medications, always seek the advice of a doctor.
• Use the 3 day fast one time a month, and then follow up with a 10 day fast once a year.
• 3 day fast diets help to rid your body of toxins to cleanse the blood and organs.
• Only fast for 3 days, and drink more than simply water. Take a multivitamin the entire time and drink fruit juices or vitamin enhanced drinks, but do not take in any foods.
• A 3 day fast with only water is not recommended as it releases too many hard to manage toxins and can make you sick.
• Do not chew gum, as chewing signals the stomach to begin digesting. This can lead to heartburn and acid indigestion so it is not recommended to chew anything during your 3 day fast.
Starting a week before your 3 day fast, start cutting out complex or added sugars and meats daily. This will help your body to not go through withdrawals during your fast period. Begin eating nothing but raw foods and vegetables or smoothies 3 days prior to your 3 day fast. This will get your body used to surviving on little to no food. During the 3 day fast, drink water based meals. This means you can drink fresh juices, green tea, carrot juice and any other fruit or vegetable blends with no added sugars. This can help you to lose as much as 10 pounds in your 3 day fast.